Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Rose by any other name......

Well, I've decided to change the name of the comic.

I know, I know. It was a tough decision, but I wanted something more original than REVENANT, especially since Shadowline is coming out with their own REVENANT comic. In my opinion, don't waste time competing...innovate!)

The tough thing was choosing a name that was destinctly pulpish, sounds like something a 14 year-old might choose, but also be something cool enough to last over decades. So, after going through handfulls of names, I settled on this:


Yep, GHOST ZERO. I think it has that pulp/B-movie feel that I was going for, and sounds like something Eddie might call himself. I doubt that Charles will care much what Eddie calls himself as long as the work gets done, but I think it will be (increasingly as we go along) important to Eddie to form an identity of his own....something that is obvious from the previous post with the 1958 costume.

So, look for this title on the next story I put out. We've gone from "HAUNTED: Tales of the Revenant" to "Tales of the Revenant" to "GHOST ZERO: Tales of the Revenant". Hopefully, this title will stick around!

-Dave

4 comments:

Boatwright said...

I really like the new name. It's fits the fifties quite well. It does have a B movie charm. Very much like the evolution of comic books themselves. If I were you I'd work on some more names. "Revenant Enforcer" sounds great for the eighties. It'd be more GIJoe than Shadow by then.

Dave_Flora said...

Thanks for writing, Boat!
I'm glad you like the name, and it may very well change with the decades.
According to the "Big Plot", however, Eddie is going to meet his end (and become the ghost in the ring) in 1968. I don't really have an idea for who the next "Ghost Zero" would be, though, and "Big Plots" have been known to change...)

Jeff said...

I approve...sorry that you were compelled to make the switch, but I think it's real catchy. The letter "Z" seems to add a certain, indefinable something...

Dave_Flora said...

Thanks, Jeff! I've gotten a number of responses to the name and all of them have been popular. I agree with you about the "Z" thing. Maybe, like redheads, it's popular because it's not as common?) Whatever the reason, I'll take it!