Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Halloween is near! It's definately time for a post!

Folks,

I know, I know...it's been since last month that I put up a post. Fear not! My silence is not from a lack of progress, but actually because of progress on er..silent kinds of things.
I'm about halfway through an 8-page short story called "The Fleshless Legion", which I plan on submitting to Zuda's comic competition probably in the middle of November. I was trying to keep a lid on it, as I am required to take the thing down once I submit it to them for evaluation. However...since you've been so patient and all....why don't I just put up one little page? How about the page I just finished (page 4)?

Pretty different, isn't it? I am using ComicLife to make the comic, it allows me to create single panels and drop them into a layout to put text over. It's very flexible, useful and affordable, but you do have to work with it to get the results you want. For instance, I'm going to have to go in and redo those first two speech balloons. I also made it so that we (the viewers) can actually see Charles, which is a bit more understandable than just a disembodied voice. Take a look while you can, I'll be taking the thing down sometime soon!

Take a look at a great vision of Ghost Zero that Eric Diaz put together! Not only is Eric an excellent and talented sculptor, but he's "got mad skills" with a pencil as well! Thanks, Eric!

2 comments:

END said...

Looking good Dave! Thanks for the fanart post too!

Boatwright said...

Like the new page. Though not sure how I feel about using a template. But it seems to work here.